Monday, October 09, 2006

Words

Just hate myself for being so cranky today. I guess all of this pressure from work, the exhausting long trip and annoying smog (yes smoke and fog, in Kalimantan now) finally took its toll. Yeah right, lame excuses. Blame it on the weather. As if it justifies being mad to someone over trivial matter.

It’s neither necessary nor productive. Come to think of it, I even took some moments to consider before saying those darn words. It wasn't an uncontrollable-in-the-heat-of-the-moment kind of rage. More like I wanted to, intended to, aggravate someone with those words. My better judgment has eluded me. Hell, I even knew that it might be just a silly misunderstanding. And you know what: it actually was. It’s meaningless, simply meaningless.

I was sorry, and still am, but too proud to openly say that. Now what? Damage check: one ruined relationship, at least one troubled mind, this guilty feeling and a mountain to climb to fix that damage, or whatever left from it. All is a result of less than 20 words. I’m pretty dexterous with words, but no idea I’m that talented. Great, just great…


***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There’re always two sides to every story - another excuse if needed

Anonymous said...

What, you ruined your relationship with Keira already, Valkyrie?

boyke rahardian said...

Ah Djazuli my friend, thanks for dropping by. Yes, I ruined it. She has changed a lot, you see. Or is it I, the beholder, actually?