Thursday, September 21, 2006

Should You Continue Reading This Blog?



Let me make a statement: for those who happen to read this blog and try to find one consistent theme from the various posting I (will) write, give it up. You won’t find any. Not a good way to start a blog I admit. The blog world is extremely fragmented, and most readers, having limited time, would read those most relevant for them. And consequently those blogs with one cohesive theme would have the advantages of easily categorized and thus being read the most.

But again, as Calvin and Hobbes put it, which one should I choose? Artistic integrity or marketability? Unlike Calvin, easily persuaded by his stuffed tiger as usual, I chose the road less traveled.

So here I am, try to throw my arms around the world. I don’t have “the cause”, and will write about anything I like to share with the world. Beware, as one of my friend phrase it (or Calvin as well): I can be soullessly banal at one time, yet acutely profound when discussing the human condition at another time. Okay, it may sounds shamelessly exaggerating but let you, dear readers, be the judge.

***

No comments: