Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Strange Dream

"Dear,

I had a strange dream last night. In that dream you asked me to go with you to this dormitory—we’re still college students. You had something to discuss with one of your friend but you won’t say exactly what it was. Somehow you’re full of secret today. In that dormitory you had a lot of friends, but they’re not our mutual friends and I didn’t know any of them.

The dormitory was a large building with many rooms. There was only one way in to / out of the dormitory. First we entered the hall where there was a guard and then you said "stay here" as you went inside. I stayed there, and as I waited I saw some of your friends. Since I had nothing to do I introduced myself and chatted with them. Oh yes, you’re popular there, everybody knew you. But strangely, nobody saw you went inside the dormitory. They were all there, whom you wanted to see actually?

I was like panicking. What happened to you? I reached for my cell phone but it wasn’t there in my pocket. Instead I found a buckle, and I realized it was the safety belt’s buckle from the taxi we rode on to get here. “I must have left the phone in the taxi”, so I thought, panicking even more.

I went with 2 of your friends to their room, and then they left me as they went looking for you. Again I reached for my cell phone, as if it was still there, only to realize yet again that it wasn’t. I could not reach you, I waited but you never came…

Until I woke up, and here’s the strangest part: realizing it was still dark I went back to sleep instantly and the dream started over once again. I reached for my cell phone, it wasn’t there, I could not reach you… and I woke up then went back to sleep straight away, and the dream started over from exactly the same point again. It went like that for 3 or 4 times. I was exhausted.

What worse was the feeling: it was like I had lost you forever. Each recurring dream ended the same way, there’s no way out. Not knowing what had happened to you made it even worse. Did you leave me on purpose? What had I done then? Had something bad happen to you? Then why nobody knew what had happened?

Finally the morning came, and I woke up for good. As my body still refused to climb down from the bed, I just laid there. While starring at the ceilings I thought about the dream. I still had a leftover from that dream, in the same way sweet drinks left an aftertaste in your mouth. Not totally unpleasant, although I almost sure it gave this tingly sensation inside me. Then suddenly it came to me. If it’s true that dreams are re-manifestation of our suppressed feeling, I guess it can only mean one thing: I miss you..."


***


No comments: